Lakeville Football Association is excited to announce the launch of a new Spring Passing League! This latest LFA program is open to current school year 4th-7th graders of all skill levels and is designed to enhance development of passing and receiving skills. The format will be non-contact 5 on 5 touch football with all players playing all positions.
2011 Passing League information Coming Soon
Our Past Approach in 2010 Noted Below for Your Planning:
We look forward with great anticipation to the skills development and fun this will provide all participants. Please spread the word about this affordable program and note that no previous LFA participation is required to be a part of this great opportunity for kids to have fun playing football while sharpening their skills.
The final details of the league will be determined once we get an idea of how many participants we have signed up, but the general framework of our league and the rules are below. These rules and the framework are a work in progress and may be changed to fit the numbers that participate.
THIS WILL NOT
BE A REGIMENTED LEAGUE with practices during the week and heavy involvement by coaches. The intent is for young athletes to have fun and get an opportunity to run, catch and throw the football.
- The Passing League will either be a 5 on 5 league or a 6 on 6 league depending on the number of participants. It is our goal to provide an outlet for those players that like to throw and catch the ball, similar to the touch football games many of us gathered in neighborhood parks with our friends to play in our youth.
- The Passing League will be divided into either two or four different divisions depending on participation. There may be a 4th & 5th Grade division combined and a 6th & 7th grade division combined or 4 separate divisions.
- The games will be approximately 45 minutes long.
- Simple Playbooks will be provided to players and coaches for guidance. (Plays can be "drawn in the dirt" as well.)
- Teams will have from 6-8 players per team. Equal playing time for every player is mandatory.
- Players will receive a game jersey.