Sundays April 11th through May 23rd (Note: No camp on Mother’s Day, May 9th)
The 2021 Cougar Academy development program is for all of our youth football players (current ['20-21] 2nd-8th graders). In 2021, we again will be incorporating the Passing League into our Cougar Academy for our 2nd-5th graders to minimize running programs at the same time and maximize our development time together.
• April 11th, 18th, 25th and May 2nd at the Dundas Dome
• May 16th and 23rd at Lakeville South High School
Highlights of the program:
The program will consist of 6 sessions. Each session will be 1.5-2 hours in duration. Each grade level will be separated by age/grade, so they are competing and learning with kids their same age. We will have specific practice plans developed for each level that will consist of skill/technique work, offensive and defensive installation and passing league games (for 2nd-5th graders). While the 2nd-5th graders are doing their passing league games, the 6th, 7th and 8th graders will be working on advanced offensive and defensive scheme work around the Power T offense. We will also provide specific training for our offensive and defensive line players that will be specific to our high school blocking schemes and defensive line schemes.
The dress for this program will be helmets, shoulder pads, shorts and athletic footwear. We will schedule equipment handout sessions up to (and including) the first session of Cougar Academy.
• All Dundas Dome sessions (first 4 sessions) will be on Sunday afternoons from 3 pm to 6 pm (each player will participate in a 1.5 – 2 hour session within that 3 hour window)
• Remaining 2 outdoor sessions in May will be held at Lakeville South High School
• Speed and agility training in addition to the football training (6th – 8th grade)
• Each player will receive a 2021 Cougar Academy T-shirt
• Cost of the program is $100